[caption id="attachment_1465" align="alignleft" width="350"] "Have you taken the time to read our founding documents?"[/caption]
As the nation braced itself before a bitter budget standoff between factions on Capitol Hill recently, the professors of a small college in North Carolina got their own education about certain fundamentals of America.
Preacher and rock musician Bradlee Dean, whose towering 6-foot 5-inch frame dominated the speaker’s area, roused his listeners to a new level of American loyalty.
Some of the teachers at the community college, several hours south of Raleigh, no doubt shifted their feet nervously at being quizzed on American politics by an unlikely tutor. Dean, the long-haired rock musician and preacher, had them squirming for answers to questions that many of them perhaps had not thought about since grammar school.
“Have you taken the time to read our founding documents — for example, the Declaration of Independence, or the Bill of Rights, or the Constitution?”The listeners wriggled nervously, their cell phones hanging limp at their sides. Guilty as charged.
“If you do not know where you came from, then how do you know where you are going?”He continued, quoting Thomas Jefferson, “If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Dean continued, “If you do not know your rights, you do not have any rights!”
But this crowd was not an indignant one. They would not scoff and name call, and hold their noses high in derision, like many liberal players today in an academic environment. And why? Maybe it’s because family roots in this area of woods and plateaus are hearty, patriotic ones, whose stubborn belief in self-government grounded in Bible values have been taken in over the years with their mother’s hominy grits every morning. Indeed, forebearers of the local residents years ago fought, bled and died in the decisive Battle of Cowpens, a few hours’ drive from here, defending their new-found American freedoms against the British.
If there was an embarrased silence for a while in that room of teachers, maybe it was because they respected a Bible Belt heritage that included a freedom founded on a belief in God, the true Creator of rights.
The character of the North Carolina folk also sees an echo in one of the state’s Revolutionary flags, of a rattlesnake with the famous motto: “Don’t tread on me.” Their courage again goes back to the nearby Battle of Charlotte, NC, about which the British General Charles Cornwallis said that the fierce defense of local inhabitants made the city a “hornet’s nest.”
God has never shied away from choosing an unlikely messenger. Like Hilkiah the high priest in the ancient days of Judah, who discovered the Book of the Law in the temple of the Lord and took it to the king (2 Kings 22:8-13), Dean was taking the laws and traditions of America to today’s men of influence.
When King Josiah read that book in those ancient times, he knew right away that the people were guilty of departing from their noble ways:
“When the king heard the words of the Book of the Law, he tore his robes. He gave these orders …. ‘Go and inquire of the Lord for me and for the people and for all Judah about what is written in this book that has been found. Great is the Lord’s anger that burns against us because those who have gone before us have not obeyed the words of this book; they have not acted in accordance with all that is written there concerning us.’” (2 Kings 22:11-13)
On this humid and sunny September day in North Carolina, as smoke from autumn cookouts hung deliciously in the air, Dean was well received by this group of college academics, hungry for the food of true patriotism.
Dean asked the professors, “Do you love your freedoms?” They, of course, answered in the affirmative. Dean summed up, “Freedom was not given to do what we want to do, but what we ought to do!” Again, they all agreed.
It took a long haired, tattooed preacher to bring these points home to these college profs, who themselves were used to dishing out advice to listening ears. Sobered by this realization, each academic conceded that those who do not know their own rights do not have any themselves. North Carolina — one of the thirteen original colonies –stands as an example to the need for all states in the Union to return to our American roots.
Read more about this event, "Back to Elementary School With College Professors."
Bradlee Dean is the founder and president of You Can Run But You Cannot Hide, which has as its mission: To reshape America by re-directing the current and future generations both morally and spiritually through education, media, and the Judeo-Christian values found in our U.S. Constitution. If you like this article, please like Dean on his Sons of Liberty Facebook page.
Donate to Dean’s ministry and get a unique gift in return. Simply make a donation to Sons of Liberty Radio to receive your gift.
Other Articles from The Dean
- Operation Wetback: President Eisenhower’s Answer to Illegal Immigrants in America - He Deported Them! 21 Jun 2019
- 196,000 Illegals Just Released Into American Cities with All Inclusive Packages - Work Permits - Benefits on Their Way 14 Jun 2019
- The President Attempting to De-Criminalize Sodomy – The Question that Needs to Be Asked, Why is Sodomy Illegal? 07 Jun 2019
- How to Detect a Business that is Serving Itself – A Business Soon to Be Out of Business 31 May 2019
- The Muslim Invasion is Not Something that You are Able to Run From-The Lord is Going to Get Your Attention One Way or Another! 24 May 2019
- The Question that Americans Should Be Asking their Acting Representatives? Where Did You Get that Authority? 18 May 2019
- Contrary to What You Have Been Promised, Your Country is Literally Being Handed Off to Foreigners (Videos) 11 May 2019
- Muslim Representative Ilhan Omar “Warmly Welcomed” Into An American Public School! (Video) 04 May 2019
- Presidential Candidate: I Cannot Help Myself, I Was Born This way! It’s Gods Fault - Blasphemy! 26 Apr 2019
- The Muslims are Colonizing Under Your Noses - Putting Muslim Representatives Into Position Only to Attack! 19 Apr 2019
- The End Times “Gloom and Doom” Filthy Hippies! 06 Apr 2019
- The "Good Guys" are Illegally Pushing for Door to Door Confiscation through Red Flag Polices - Not Law! Learn From History 31 Mar 2019
- Justifying The Deeds Of The Damned 31 Mar 2019
- Did You Know That Your Government is Arming Agencies Like the IRS, DHS, VHA, OIG, SSA, NPS? 15 Mar 2019
- Learning The Lesson: Where Our Forefathers Drew The Line! 08 Mar 2019
- Formal Believers, That Just Do Not Believe! 02 Mar 2019
- Either Jesus Will Be Your King Or Your Man Made King Will Be Your God! 23 Feb 2019
- Americans that Tolerate Corrupt Politicians to Sow Seeds-The Nation Will Reap 16 Feb 2019
- How Does the “Deep State” Push Their Agenda Forward Without America’s Politicians Doing it for Them? They Cannot! 25 Jan 2019
- They’re Going After Your Guns, Again! What Did Your Forefathers Teach You to Do? It’s Time to Resist! 21 Jan 2019
- Sanctuary State-City: Another Police Officer Murdered by Illegal Immigrant - Law States Governor, Mayor & Legislators Are Legally Responsible! 05 Jan 2019
- Who Gave Congress Delegated Authority to These Subversive Organizations to Operate in America? The People Didn’t! 05 Jan 2019
- Standing with Good Government in Striking Down the Corrupt Tree: Obamacare 21 Dec 2018
- Modern Day Professed Christian Singer Lauren Daigle Couldn’t Answer the Questions! Where is Christ? 17 Dec 2018
- This Message Changes? When The Lord Does And That Just Isn’t Going To Happen 07 Dec 2018
- ABC Uses 11-Year-Old “Drag” to Test Response! America, Are You Going to Stand Down on This One Too? It Has Always Been About The Kids 03 Dec 2018
- The Forerunners of the American Revolution: The Black Robed Regiment 23 Nov 2018
- The Fix is In! Who Voted in A Sanctuary State Governor? A Sodomite Sheriff? A Terror Tied Muslim? 23 Nov 2018
- Minnesota’s CAIR‘s Jaylani Hussein Tries to Link White Christian Protestants to the KKK! 23 Nov 2018
- America, Did You Forget About The Created “Fake News” Legalization from 2016 Which is Being Played Out Today? 02 Nov 2018
- Created Opposition Will Be Blamed - But They Are The Ones Doing The Attacking! 26 Oct 2018
- Bradlee, Censorship Sounds a Little Conspiratorial! It Sure Does. 19 Oct 2018
- Facebook, Twitter, Google, Etc. are Subversive to American Government 14 Oct 2018
- The Media Covering Up 100 Somali Teens & Adults Assaulting Families-Children at Amusement Park 14 Oct 2018
- Which One Will It Be? Obedience to the Law that Makes You Free or Your Favorite Politician who Further Enslaves? 14 Oct 2018
- Politicians Don’t Want to Go Outside of Their Scripted Talking Points-Their Agenda Would Fall Apart 14 Oct 2018
- The Corporate News Networks Survive Off the Ignorance of the American People! 14 Oct 2018
- If Americans Understood the Price of Their Freedoms 14 Oct 2018
- NBC’s Transgender Attacks Bradlee Dean & Alex Jones by Playing the Victim 14 Oct 2018
- While You Were at The Minnesota State Fair (Letter Sent to Local Clergyman) 14 Oct 2018
- Pointing the Finger-This is What Preachers Do! 14 Oct 2018
- Nike Betrays the People by Crowning the Traitor! 14 Oct 2018
- American Missionaries - First Things First! 14 Oct 2018
- “Song Bird” McCain a Hero? Look at Who Is Honoring Him - That is NOT What the POWs & Veterans are Saying (Video) 14 Oct 2018
- Christmas & A Carnival? The Media & Corrupt Politicians Are Handing Your Country Off To Those Who Mean To Destroy You! 14 Oct 2018