Many are aware of the fact that when Christ was going to be crucified, the women of Jerusalem were weeping for Him. He said to them, “But Jesus turning unto them said, Daughters of Jerusalem, weep not for me, but weep for yourselves, and for your children. For, behold, the days are coming, in the which they shall say, Blessed are the barren, and the wombs that never bare, and the paps which never gave suck. Then shall they begin to say to the mountains, Fall on us; and to the hills, Cover us” (Luke 23:28-30).
Below is a history taken from Foxes Book of Martyrs of what Jesus Christ was telling them would happen after they crucified the Lord of glory:
Herod Antipas and Herodias were responsible for the imprisonment and execution of John the Baptist, and Herod himself attempted to plot the death of Christ. In the summer of AD 39, Antipas' money and territory were turned over to Agrippa, while he and his wife were exiled, and
Antipas died miserably.
Pontius Pilate handed Christ to the Jews to be scourged and crucified. Pilate fell under misfortunes in the reign of Caligula (AD 37–41), was exiled to Gaul and eventually committed suicide there in Vienne.
The Jews, who heard and rejected Christ, were destroyed by Titus, and Vespasian his father, in 70 AD, about 40 years after the passion of the Christ, to the number of eleven hundred thousand, beside those who Vespasian slew in the subduing of Galilee. Seventeen thousand were sold and sent into Egypt and other provinces to vile slavery; and two thousand were brought with Titus in his triumph; of whom, part he gave to be devoured of the wild beasts, part otherwise most cruelly were slain.
The vain senate of Rome, after being proposed to have Christ adored as God, rejected Him. Being content to have the emperor reign over them rather than the meek King of glory, the Son of God, they were scourged and trapped for their unjust refusing. For, as they preferred the emperor, and rejected Christ, so the just permission of God stirred up their own emperors against them in such sort, that the senators themselves were almost destroyed, and the whole city most horribly afflicted for the space of almost 300 years.
Other Articles from The Dean
- If The Politicians Want Un-Constitutional Wars, Then Let’s Send Them! This is how the Wars will End! 14 Jun 2018
- Mr. President, You Have Been Given The Authority To Prosecute, Why Haven’t You? 01 Jun 2018
- Tired Yet of The Brow Beatings by Those Who Mean to Destroy and Dominate Your Country? 18 May 2018
- Facebook’s - CIA’s Controlled Standard of Fact Checking, Snopes.com. Think Again! 11 May 2018
- Disarmed Countries - What Do they Look Like? 03 May 2018
- Americans: Greatly Armed “Obstacles” 26 Apr 2018
- The Ever Changing Promises About The Wall – Now You’re Paying For It! 19 Apr 2018
- Biblical and Constitutional Illiteracy is the Recipe for Tyranny 12 Apr 2018
- “Just Not Too Much Truth,” Say the Hypocrites! The Saga Continues… 07 Apr 2018
- $1.3 Trillion Omnibus Bill Sold as “National Security” - Funds Avowed to America’s Enemies 29 Mar 2018
- Keeping You Outside the Building - Parkland High School Shooting has 70 Cameras & Only 4 Released 22 Mar 2018
- Chaos, How Could It Be Otherwise? Americans Do Not Believe Their Own Message 08 Mar 2018
- Federal and State Protections for Muslims Promoting Death, Torture, Terrorism to Un-Believers in America? The Law Says Otherwise, So Does Common Sense! 22 Feb 2018
- Warning Went Unheeded, Again! Tragedy in Florida: A Letter from a Student… 15 Feb 2018
- The Clowns Entertaining the Goats! How do you Justify the Unjustifiable? You Cannot! 08 Feb 2018